Monday, July 27, 2015

Day 1

For those of you who laughed at our summer schedule of waking up at 1PM, it really paid off in Shanghai! The first day the kids woke up at 4:30am. Not too bad!! Then we had an early pre-breakfast from Paris Baguette. Yes they have one in Shanghai too and they sell Pork Sung Bao!

 
Later in the morning we got a tour of my brother's neighborhood. Apparently since most the residents are expats and super rich Chinese they are all gone for the summer which means the pools are closed for renovation! ARGH! What am I going to do with the kids for the next 5 weeks?!?! Then we went to the nearby mall and walked around waiting for the stores and restaurants to open. We had breakfast at a Cantonese restaurant (Bryan was quite happy.)
 
 
Sorry, I don't usually take pictures of my food so this was taken in the midst of us eating. From what I remember we had macaroni n soup, turnip cakes, ham n egg with bread, crispy duck, spicy beef with clear noodles, salmon sashimi from takeout place that opened early, drinks all around, some buo lo bao, spam n eggs with bread and egg tarts to take home for snack and breakfast the next day! I know I am missing a few things but you get the idea :) We all went home for a nap and when we woke up the Ah-Yee made lunch for us (not photo worthy haha).  The kids had a snack. Zion caught me taking a photo.
 

Then we went shopping for $2 DVDs. I'm sure I don't have to tell you why they are $2.

 
We finished the day at the same mall with some Taiwanese style food. I didn't take pictures. Just ate it all up!



No comments: