Monday, July 27, 2015

Day 2

The kids woke up at 5:30AM today. Still not too bad. After the breakfast we headed out. My brother suggested to go to the Shanghai World Financial Center and pay $20 to access the observation deck but we told him that when we were in Paris we didn't pay to go up to the top of the Eiffel Tower so we will not pay to see a view of Shanghai. So we ended up at the Hyatt for a free view! haha We got to see the Shanghai Tower which I think is quite beautiful the way it twists.

 
And the interior view of the Hyatt from the 85th floor (a nice man helped us sneak up) was stunning but turned my legs into jelly.
 

Here's a picture with Grandma. We got the Asian pose down already.


We then headed to another mall and got some drinks. Can anyone guess where we got our drinks?


How about now?


That's a Double Fish Filet plus Coke for about $2.50!! I would eat here everyday if they had this deal in LA. Then the kids played at the arcade and waited for the restaurant to open for lunch.

 
We had Ding Tai Fung for lunch. After lunch Zion desperately needed a nap and my brother was going to take my mom and Bryan for massages. But then my mom suggested I hold Zion for a nap and get a foot massage at the same time! So we went to the massage place and they set us up in a 5 person room. One recliner for each of us and an extra for Noah to sit and play his video games. Then after the foot massage they moved us to another room and I put Zion down on the extra massage table so that I could get a back massage. He woke up about 20 minutes into the massage and started to cry. They brought him sweets and then just let the kids play around in the room while we finished up our massages! Can you imagine going into a massage place in the US and tell them "Oh, I brought my kids. I'm just going to let them play around while I get a massage."
 
Another thing I want to mention is that this massage place only employs blind or partially blind masseuses. I think it's great to support places like these. If you're going to get a massage, why not help those who really need it? My masseuse was completely blind and he was asking about CalTech and MIT. He said he did research and knew what city they were in. It's kind of sad that there are such limited opportunities if you're born average or poor in China and being blind on top of it means that your dreams will most likely remain a dream.
 
After our massages we went home for a rest and then had a $50 per person dinner at the Shangri-La Buffet (Best buffet in Shanghai). I was too busy serving 2 kids and myself that I didn't stop to take pictures of the buffet so this will have to do.
 

 
 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh! You mentioned two of the best things I love about Shanghai, massages and Yi Cafe buffet! So glad you got to get a massage even with Zion sleeping on you. I really miss massages and my #3 guy! Also would have to almost go back to the buffet again sometime to make sure you try all the food. Don't forget to go to the World Trade Center Cafeteria at the bottom. Gourmet chefs from around the world!

Jessica said...

Oh I will have to try to get to the World Trade Center!!