Saturday, January 31, 2009

Innocent Flirtation?

What do you do when the love of your life flirts with someone right in front of you? What I did was grinned and bore it and came home to vent in my blog. I know what you're thinking, "Bryan? He doesn't seem like the type to do something like that!" Well, you're absolutely right! It was Noah!! Tonight we were at my parents house and Noah was playing ball with his cousins. Aunt Lydia (names have been changed to protect the innocent) came downstairs and sat next to me on the couch while I held her cute little baby. Noah approached us and at first we thought he was a little jealous until I noticed he was actually approaching Aunt Lydia. He proceeded to walk back and forth between playing ball and Aunt Lydia and at times even presented her the ball he had so difficultly acquired from his older cousins. While at play he would also sneak glances over at Aunt Lydia as if to see if she was watching his great athletic prowess. When Aunt Lydia brought her sleepy baby upstairs, he stopped playing ball and tried to follow her upstairs. Noah is 14.5 months old! How could this start so early?!? I thought I would have a few more years as the apple of his eyes as he is mine. I spend day and night catering to his every want and he has fallen in love with another woman. Sigh...all I can say is my heart is broken into a million pieces and can never be mended.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I had fun readin this one...keep writing!