Saturday, July 28, 2018

Day 11 - Noah In Training

Bryan left for the MRT with 2 heavy luggage and a large carry on shortly before 1p today.



I had already anticipated the boredom that would ensue the week before so I asked if we could have a play date with "Little Ant" again. They were ecstatic when they heard she was coming, especially Zion.


But in reality, these were the few times they actually paid her any attention.




After "Shao Ma Yee" left for her nap we headed to the Taipei Main Station again to explore section R (Tsongshan Metro Mall) and eat dinner. Taipei Main Station is only 3 stops from our place. First is Shuanglian then Zhongshan then Taipei Main Station. What I didn't realize was that when you walk Section R you actually walk backwards and you go back to Zhongshan station then Shuanglian Station which means we were only 1 stop away from our home but we didn't have dinner yet. So I made the kids walk all the way back to Taipei Main Station (yup, didn't let them take the MRT) to have dinner. We didn't know where to eat but this sign in a small food court caught our eyes so we decided to eat here.





We had Yoshinoya, Formosa Chang and Krispy Kremes!

Three things I miss about Bryan when we go out. 1. Navigation - I usually tell him where I want to go and he gets us there. I just follow him blindly. 2. Carry heavy things - he carries our waters, jackets, wallet, phones, tissues, wet naps, band aids etc. 3. He pays for everything which means I don't have to handle the money or figure out which coins to use or if everything was calculated correctly. Since I already anticipated these inconveniences I started to train Noah.




Two out of three ain't bad. We'll start to work on the money one today.

Kids went to bed at 930p (the earliest since we've been here) and woke up at 10a. Hope they can wake up for camp tomorrow!

No comments: