Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Day 6

Today was a day of firsts. Zion was starving and the only thing that we had at the table was salmon sashimi. He loved it.


For dinner we were invited to a "fancy" restaurant. So fancy the only thing Zion could eat was a bowl of white rice. Good thing he loves white rice. The premier dish was this.


In case you can't tell, that is snake. Supposedly good for eating in the summer. We had snake 3 ways. Snake soup, the dish you see above and the snake skin. Luckily I sat far away from the person that was treating so he did not see that I did not eat any of it.

Then we decided to give Noah his first taste of red wine. I think the bottle was $250 USD so I would say it was a good starter wine for him. haha





I think it's safe to assume that he won't be going near alcohol again anytime soon.  And here is a picture of the boys getting along.


After dinner, my brother brought  me to different massage place. After a few of his favorite masseuses were not available he got me a 5 star masseuse. Since I've had so many problems with my back the lady suggested cupping. I had at least 12 huge cups that turned into bruises covering my entire back. Wish I had gotten a picture. I can not even begin to describe how good this massage felt. I am not even kidding when I say I looked like this the entire time.


You definitely should try a 5 star masseuse when you are in China!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I forgot about fancy dinners in Shanghai. Private rooms with own bathroom just for those at your table. Full service meals as well. Never was served snake though. Surprised you didn't at least try a bite. We did have an all you can eat hairy crab once at that type of dinner. That was delicious! Too bad you aren't there during that season.

Jessica said...

I would much prefer hairy crab over snake!!