Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Day 15 - Eating and Shopping...again (Jessie Wa Brunch)

I only took a few photos today. I went to another cafe by our place for brunch. I ordered the calamari and clam pesto pasta and it came with bread, soup and a drink. Only $10. I didn't bring any books to Taiwan to read so I've been reading Noah's books.


Then I went to Taipei Main Station again and did a little shopping. Picked up a few things and some more Doraemon DVDs.

The day passed quickly. It was soon time to pick up the kids again. It looks like Noah made 2 friends :)


He said that sometimes he can't understand what his new friends are saying because the vocabulary is too difficult so they try to explain it to him a different way until he understands. They are also really enjoying the Chinese yo-yo and the rollerblading. But they don't exactly know how to play "wei-chi" yet. Noah also reports that the teachers aren't very nice. They yell at the kids and tell them to "be tsuai" (shut your mouth). He also said they were warned during wei chi if they talked they would be deducted 10 points. So when Zion didn't understand the rules and Noah explained it to him in English, they deducted 10 points from him. Don't know if this it is common here for all the teachers to be so mean...

For dinner we had dumplings. I ordered 5 curry dumplings (Noah loves curry) and 15 pork dumplings. Plus a bowl of pearl wonton soup. They seemed regular sized to me though. I wonder if they gave me the wrong ones. Food just gets cheaper and cheaper! Dinner was about $5!


And for those of you who wonder how I can order food here without being able to read Chinese...well, the answer is that I only eat from places that have English on their menus too. And when they ask me to fill out my order, I ask them to do it for me 😅.


Also, navigating here is quite easy now with Google maps.

No comments: