Friday, August 3, 2018

Day 17 - Updates (Shin Kong Mitsukoshi)

Life is not all that exciting or different these days but for my one loyal follower (you know who you are) I must continue to document the mundane details of our day to day life.

You already know that Noah loves curry. We were able to find these curry baos at one bakery here.


Here's the kids eating breakfast and what we have to carry everyday to and from camp.



We also pass by this sign everyday. Noah asked me what it means...


These benches by the elementary school are pretty neat. There are barely any public benches (and trash cans) in Taipei.


Mosquito update. So far Zion only had 1 mosquito bite. And it's on his face! Noah's had a few but he really had a reaction to one of them like he did in China.



Today I went back to Carrefour to get my tax refund and walked home with another backpack full of chips and instant noodles. I also need to learn what these signs mean.


I had some leftover bread at home so I decided to spend the rest of the morning at home. Maybe read a book, use a face mask? Nope, I napped instead. In the afternoon I went to Ximending and shopped for some hand creams. The older I get, the dryer my hands get. And it's a good thing I don't use makeup or face products because I would go broke shopping there.


It started thundering while I was there so on the way to pick up the kids I saw these huge snails! I don't know where they usually hide but they come out when it rains.


Since it's Friday, we decided to go out to the food court under Shin Kong Mall and had this for dinner. I loved this type of fish soup. I only know the Taiwanese word for it. (Ba sap ba hee)






2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sign said buy one get one free

Unknown said...

Your kids need to show mine how to play those yo yo!