Sunday, August 12, 2018

Day 26 - Day of Lasts

So I'm back in the US already but I thought I should finish blogging about our trip. As the Chinese saying goes "Have a head, need a tail". Haha I know I don't have to explain what that means to you all.

So this day the kids wanted to have McDonald's for breakfast and we all ordered the toast with hash brown, cheese and mayo/ketchup.


The diabolo teacher invited us to a class her company was teaching at a local elementary. There were some pretty advanced students that could do stuff like juggling 5 diabolos at once. The kids were able to try out a one sided Chinese diabolo which was apparently the original design.



Because we were going to say goodbye to my aunt today I decided we would have lunch at my favorite restaurant which is also very close to where she lives. Unfortunately, they were closed!! So we had lunch a few doors down which did not have any English on the menu so we winged it.


After lunch we visited my aunt for awhile (she didn't want to take picture) then we went to Taipei Train Station again to see if they have any "Crayon Shin Chan" DVDs but no luck. On our way there we saw this cordoned off area that showed buried remains of the area when the Japanese occupied Taiwan. I'm guessing they came upon it when they were developing the MRT through the area. It was very interesting but it felt like it would be better in museum rather than this largely ignored area of the subway.




We ended our day with our last dinner at Formosa Chang where I bought some ready made lu rou fan packages (I know, I smuggled it back). Then did some packing and called it a day.

No comments: