Saturday, August 4, 2018

Day 18 - Living Mall

Why is it that when there is no school the kids always wakes up early? Entire week they've slept through my alarm and I had to get them out of bed by 8:30a. Today, they wake up at 8:15a. So annoying.

This morning we went out for breakfast. I am now able to order turnip cakes, hash browns, toast with jelly and basil egg tortillas in Chinese 😏. I had a headache so I took a nap when we got home. My friend recommended for me to bring the kids to the Living Mall which is like 10 floors of food and play for kids.


Of all the places we could've ate the kids picked McDonald's. I saw these Happy Meal boxes and had to get one. But to my surprise, the happy meals here didn't even come in a box. And it didn't have fries either! But we were able to order a fish burger and instead of tartar sauce and cheese, it came with ketchup.




I had this chicken patty that was pretty good. It come with a packet of spices that you sprinkle onto it.


After our late lunch they spent 3 hours in this huge inflatable bounce playground while I finished up a book. Admission tickets included free cotton candy. Zion did not like it so I happily ate it for him.



We decided to wander around the mall to see if there was anything fun we could come back for next weekend. Unfortunately, the things got more expensive the higher we went. I paid NT350 for each kid for the inflatable bounce area and on the 8th floor they had an entire floor of different types of play areas for NT750 each child! So I don't think we will be returning here except maybe to play at Tom's place, which is like Chuck e Cheese without pizza.

I also found the elevator to be interesting. They had a set of up and down buttons quite high and a set of low ones for handicap riders. Why didn't they just put it in the middle so both could reach?


It was very late by the time we were done and we still haven't eaten. I couldn't find a good place to eat so we went back to Taipei Train Station per Zion's request. (I'm pretty sure it's because he wanted Krispy Kremes.) We couldn't find the same food court so we just ate at the first on we saw. It was terrible. Fries, fried chicken, popcorn chicken, calamari and ice cream. I know that doesn't sound too bad but I think we were all tired and would've liked a more filling dinner.

No comments: