Thursday, August 2, 2018

Day 16 - Observations (Mazendo Guangfu Restaurant)

Why am I not skinny yet?!? I walk around 5 miles a day if not more. I am sweating buckets and I am still 3x the size of people here! So depressing. Can't wait to go back to the US where I am among my people. 😂

Today after I dropped off the kids I walked to Carrefour. It's surprising how close it is when you don't have kids complaining about the walking and heat the entire time. On my daily outings I've notice Taiwanese people really love plants. They grow them everywhere!






I also like shopping for sanitary pads here. I've heard I'm not the only one who does. I noticed that they have samples to show you what the pads look like. This maybe too much info so if you are uncomfortable, please skip the pictures. Some of their pads are ginormous! And one even has a removable pad on top of another pad!




I have learned to limit my shopping to what I can carry home by myself. No kids, no Bryan that means no taxis home. I spent enough to qualify for the tax refund but I didn't bring my passport so I have to go back again tomorrow.

I had lunch with Tina and Little Ant again today. I didn't get a picture of Little Ant but I did get a picture of lunch!


I usually don't order beef noodle soup in the US because honestly, it's just not that good. And since it's been hot here I didn't want to eat a hot bowl of noodle soup. But this was soooo good! I definitely should've started ordering this earlier on Taiwan!

The area we were in was very cute (should've taken a picture) so we took a stroll and got a kumquat lemon juice. Then I shopped around and tried to buy some dress shirts for Bryan. What I found out was that their sizing is very limited at G2000. So if you had 15.5 neck it only comes with 1 length sleeve. And some styles has 15.5 neck others are 16. None of the styles have both. I was also told that if your pant size is 30 then they have a standard length so you most likely have to alter it. So oh well, I tried. Now back to more shopping for me and the kids.

How quickly the time passes here. It was time to pick up the kids. For dinner we bought to go from a place that had fried chicken pieces, beef bowl and curry. It was our most expensive dinner yet. Around $15. But I think the miso soup was bad. Zion and I ended up with a stomachache and diarrhea which is sad because there are only a few restaurants in our neighborhood to choose from. Now there is 1 less 🙁.

After dinner Zion got to try on some of the clothes I bought him. Since he is so skinny and small he was not able to buy any basketball gear at Ja-Chi's so he was very happy to get these.




No comments: