Monday, August 13, 2018

Day 27 - Taiwanese Food Expo

Since the day I dyed my hair they were too busy to cut the boys' hair, I made an appointment to go back today. The boys' cuts were NT350 each and I got my hair washed for NT200. That's $6 USD! And no tips!! If I lived here and had a job I would just get my hair washed at a salon. I get massaged and a nice blowout. But as soon as we stepped out of the salon we were greeted with pouring rain within minutes and ruined my nice hair 😔.



Riding on the MRT last week we saw ads for a Lu Rou Fan expo? It turns out it was part of a Taiwanese Food expo at a the Trade Center so I decided to take the kids there for lunch.








That's a mah lag zhong tze on top. And here's a video of someone making fresh egg rolls.


The kids got bored pretty quickly as they were pretty much full after 2 bowls of lu rou fan. So we left and picked up my Chia Te order and brought it home. Then we asked Ja Chi to bring the DVDs the kids already finished in Taiwan back to the US for us because our luggage was incredibly full!! So we went to drop it off and had a chance to say goodbye.

For dinner, Noah requested Shabu Shabu again and my friend Tina took us to one by her house. She lives very close to 101. This is the view coming out of the MRT. I really love how they designed the building.


And our last dinner with Shao Ma Yi (Charis).


Then it was home, pack and sleep.

No comments: